11 Ridiculously Yummy Toppings for Rice Cakes
Rice cakes rock. They’re versatile, portable, inexpensive, low calorie, low fat, gluten-free, and it’s easy to get them non-GMO verified and organic.
For some, rice cakes are akin to eating cardboard, but with the right toppings they make a great base for a tasty snack or meal. And it’s easy to get kids into rice cakes through either the right recipe or giving them some construction control.
Check out the following ideas for topping rice cakes. Most cheese combos are adaptable to vegan “cheeses” and are great in the toaster oven, broiler or microwave.
1. Sliced tomatoes, mozzarella, pesto (or fresh basil)
2. Greek yogurt and fresh berries drizzled with honey
3. Pizza toppings—kids love to make these
4. Refried beans, cheese, salsa
5. Avocado with salsa
6. Hummus and thinly sliced red peppers
7. Nut butter and thinly sliced bananas, dash of cinnamon
8. Nut butter, honey and chia seeds
9. Nut butter and thinly sliced apples, cinnamon
10. Nut butter with raisins arranged in a happy face or heart for kids
11. Cream cheese and red pepper jam