Berry-Berry Crumble Gets an Anti-inflammatory Boost
By Calmful Living Kitchen
Turmeric is very popular in the culinary world and is known for its incredible anti-inflammatory properties. This berry crumble is a tasty (and sneaky) way to get more turmeric and antioxidants into your diet!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
4 cups of mixed berries
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
1 tablespoon dried ground turmeric (or 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons fresh minced turmeric)
1 cup almond flour
¼ cup almonds, chopped
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
1 teaspoon cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
⅛ teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, toss berries with ¼ cup maple syrup and turmeric.
3. Divide berry mixture among six ramekins or add to one 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
4. Toss almond flour with 2 tablespoons maple syrup, chopped almonds and walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt.
5. Spread the topping over the berries.
6. Bake for 30–40 minutes, until berries are bubbling and topping is golden.
7. Serve warm.