Easy Berry Crisp
This Easy Berry Crisp is a delicious and healthy way to satisfy a sweet tooth! It’s dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, and free of refined sugars. It’s wonderful on its own, or topped with coconut whipped cream (recipe below).
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
8 cups of mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
⅓ cup maple syrup, divided
1 cup almond flour
¼ cup coconut flour
½ cup pecans, chopped
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
⅛ teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
Coconut Whipped Cream (optional)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
14-ounce can full-fat coconut cream, refrigerated overnight (or at least several hours)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, toss the berries with about 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. Add the berry mixture to an 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- In the mixing bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour, chopped pecans, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and sea salt. Mix well, then add the remaining maple syrup and coconut oil and mix until combined.
- Spread the topping over the berries.
- Bake for 30–40 minutes, until berries are bubbling and topping is golden.
- While crisp is baking, add coconut milk and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup to a large bowl. Whisk by hand or use an electric mixer for 2 minutes, or until fluffy. Serve warm, topped with the coconut whipped cream.