Give your kids a fun activity devoid of plastic and chemicals with EcoDough.
- 2 cups organic flour
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar (not essential but improves consistency)
- [b]EcoColor[/b] Forgo chemical colors and create your own. Simply boil one and a half cups of water with the following ingredients until desired color is achieved. Strain and replace up to one cup of the water called for in the EcoDough recipe with the colored water.
- Purple: fresh blueberries
- Orange: turmeric
- Red: chopped fresh beets
- Green: basil
- [b]EcoScents[/b] Give your EcoDough nontoxic aroma-therapeutic scents by adding a few drops of pure essential oils to the dough, such as
(Visit the Celiac Sprue Association for a gluten-free playdough recipe, http://www.csaceliacs.info.)