Garden-Fresh Cucumber Basil Martini
Leaning back on a front porch swing in the early evening hours, with the sun still going strong, sipping a cool, crisp, refreshing drink is one of the most pleasurable and relaxing moments of summer.
When it comes to adding a twist to your fruity summer cocktail, fresh is always best, as it’s potent with vitamins, minerals and flavor. In our Cucumber Basil Martini here, we feature the herb basil, which is easy to grow and common even in container gardens.
You can also make this martini a morning or afternoon drink by replacing the alcohol with mineral water.
Cucumber Basil Martini
4 ounces of vodka
1 tablespoon of agave nectar
1 branch of basil (about ¼ cup)
4 large ice cubes
- Cut cucumber in half.
- Remove skin on one half with a peeler.
- Save unpeeled half for garnish.
- Dice peeled cucumber.
- Remove basil leaves from stems and chop.
- Add the diced cucumber, vodka, basil, agave and ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well for about 2 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a martini glass, garnish and serve!