Healthy Baked Chicken-Nugget Bites
If you’re moving toward a whole-foods lifestyle, one of the easiest ways to make the transition is to replace less healthy foods with healthier versions of your favorite dishes. If you or your kids love chicken nuggets, these are for you! These delicious Baked Chicken-Nugget Bites are free from artificial flavors, colors, sugar and preservatives. Kids and adults love ’em! Pair them with your favorite sauce for dipping.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ cup gluten-free flour of choice (e.g., almond, coconut, rice, etc.)
3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut chicken into small pieces (about one-inch chunks).
- Mix sea salt and flour together in a mixing bowl. Add chicken to the mixing bowl and toss well to coat thoroughly.
- Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil over chicken and mix well.
- Add the additional tablespoon of coconut oil to a sheet pan and oil the pan. Lay chicken flat on the pan and cook for 10 minutes. Flip chicken with a spatula and cook an additional 5–10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees F.