Healthy, Homey Apple Crumble
Craving something sweet, but also healthy? With this Apple Crumble you get the best of both worlds! This simple dessert is sweetened with a touch of maple syrup, but gets most of its sweetness from the apples themselves. Almond flour and walnuts provide a protein boost and cinnamon will help to balance blood sugar so you can enjoy this without the sugar crash afterwards!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
4 medium Fuji or Gala apples, cored and chopped
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ cup maple syrup, divided
1 cup almond flour
½ cup walnuts, chopped
⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, toss apples with cinnamon, nutmeg and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Add mixture to one 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- In the same mixing bowl, toss almond flour with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, walnuts and sea salt.
- Spread the topping over the apples.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until apples are bubbling and topping is golden.
- Serve warm.