Organic Sandwich Company’s Strawberry Jalapeño Lemonade
For a spicy twist on cool, try this lemonade recipe courtesy of Marcy Miller, founder of the Organic Sandwich Company in Boulder, Colorado. Miller’s homespun recipes like this one draw people of all sorts to her downtown Boulder shop. Nothing fussy about it—just fun, fresh and organic!
64 ounces organic lemonade
1 quart fresh strawberries
½ cup water
- Wash jalapeños and strawberries.
- Remove the tops of each (leave the seeds in the jalapeños) and add to a food processor or blender.
- Add water and blend on high for one minute or until thoroughly blended.
- Strain mixture through a cheesecloth or nut milk bag.
- Add to lemonade, stir, and enjoy.
At the shop we serve this lemonade as is over ice, but at home, we suggest adding some tequila!