’Twas the Night before Cherry Hot Chocolate
Everyone loves hot chocolate at the holidays, and everyone could use a dash of calm as well. Pure-food chef Natalia KW marries the two in this nourishing and nurturing warm drink—perfect for sipping and chilling. The cashews replace milk and make it even creamier.
Cherry Hot Chocolate
1 cup water
¼ cup raw cashews
¼ cup raw cacao powder
3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
2 tablespoons coconut oil
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 servings Natural Calm, cherry flavor,dissolved in 10 oz very hot water
- Place the 1 cup water, cashews, cacao powder, sweetener, oil, vanilla and salt in a high-speed blender.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Pour into a pan and warm.
- Divide evenly between two large mugs.
- Divide the prepared Natural Calm between each mug.
- Stir well and serve immediately.