Vegan Superfood Detox Salad
This Vegan Superfood Detox Salad is a great way to reset your body and get back on track with healthier eating habits. Loaded with complete plant-based protein and healthy omega-3 fats, and topped with a zesty cashew-cilantro dressing, this recipe is perfect for an easy lunch or quick weeknight dinner.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
1 cup quinoa
2 cups vegetable broth or water
1 can garbanzo beans (or 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans)
2 cups mixed berries
5 ounces arugula
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
⅓ cup cashews
½ cup water
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the quinoa and vegetable broth or water to a small pot. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer and cook until the quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20–25 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, lay garbanzo beans flat on a sheet pan and sprinkle lightly with a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast the garbanzo beans for 15–20 minutes, until lightly browned and just crisp.
- While garbanzo beans are roasting, make the dressing by pouring the cashews, water, cilantro, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and sea salt into a blender and blending until smooth. Set aside.
- Once quinoa and garbanzo beans are done, divide the arugula between 4 dishes and top with the quinoa, garbanzo beans and berries. Drizzle the dressing over the top and sprinkle with hemp seeds.